Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year. New Goals



New Year. New Goals.

One thing I've noticed recently about the way I play video games is that, I pay less and less attention to the story and get wrapped up in the gameplay mechanics. In part I think that my gaming habits stem from the fact that games have become something that I use to relax, to numb my mind of the worries of everyday life at school. Instead of video games becoming a medium for interaction and discovery, they become a means of escape, often resulting in mindless playing for hours at a time without regard for the stories that developers spend years crafting. It's a shame because the reason I fell in love with video games in the first place was because of the rich tales of triumph, corruption, and sacrifice that shaped my childhood

I remember getting wrapped up in the pandemonium of Gaia in Final Fantasy IX, the war that ripped through the Highland Kingdom in Suikoden 2, and the journey to find Riku and Kairi in Kingdom Hearts. As a kid, I recorded my favorite scenes from video games on VHS so that I could relive them later. I still have those tapes.   

So 2015 is, among other things, the year I return to my roots, the JRPG. I'm going to set my sights high and aim to beat at least 10 JRPGs this year.

I have a number of titles sitting on my Vita that have been dying for my attention. I think that I may also invest in Vita TV so that I can play games on my lovely television.

First on my list is the classic and highly-regarded Final Fantasy VI!!



I've never played this game before. It's been sitting on my PS Vita for the longest time and I believe now is the time to play it!

I hope you'll join me on this journey. I have a feeling that I'll be posting a lot more often this year.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment